Sunday 19 September 2010

T.G.I. Saturday!

Yesterday turned out to be one of the best days I've had in a very long time.  

The day started with a mini lie in (down to my annoying body clock, I was awake at 8 - hence the use of the word "mini") which was just what the doctor ordered.

I went for a dog stroll with my darling sister and my favourite pooch in the world.


The weather was cool and refreshing which was ever so pleasant.

After heading home, we decided to go on a paint hunt.  I am redecorating my room and Loz is keen to help, I am most grateful for this.

I am undecided of what colour paint to pick.  I am toying with the idea of pale pink and grey together.  I am currently loving that combination of colour.

My room currently has been officially paint-tested.  It looks a bit like a cave man has painted all over my walls but at the moment I like the colour combination.

Kerry came and investigated the colour choice too.  I love how everyone is so keen in helping me decorate my room, haha.  I think she approved so let the painting commence!

Since Kerry had the day off we decided to make some muffins.  Apparently, we have taken to baking every weekend.  This counteracts the conversation we had the previous evening regarding both of us going on a diet.  Hmm.

We decided to invent our own variety of muffin.  Malteser muffins!  In writing this sounded like an idea that couldn't possibly fail.  Well, apparently maltesers melt and disappear to nothing when cooked.  Who would have thought? Haha.  Our muffins didn't look much like muffins either.  Never mind though, they still tasted good.

We then decided to be complete music geeks and have a jamming session.  Kerry on piano and me on flute.  We came across some rag time music and spent about 2 hours practicing Scott Joplin's "Maple Leaf Rag".



We aren't quite up to this speed yet but we are working on it!

We then decided to increase our diet rebellion by ordering takeaway pizza.  If you're going to rebel, best to do it properly, right?

We scoffed and watched X-factor and then... Phil Collins!

A fabulous day.  More please.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment