Monday 12 July 2010

My Tour So Far... Bay of Islands

Wow!  I have so much to tell you all!

So my tour started last Saturday (it's been seriously hard to find internet since I am moving from place to place daily).  I was waiting outside my hostel at 7am (thankfully in my dashing, lovely and warm ski jacket - also looking a bit of a twit in my walking boots) and came across to ace Danish girls (Maria and Christina) who are on my tour!  We also met Sarah, an amazing Frenchie who is trying her hardest to teach me French (apparently, I've forgotten it all...).  The bus was actually arriving at 8am, but no one  had thought to tell us, so we were all huddling together waiting for the bus...

Once we get on, we travelled up to the Bay of Islands (tonnes of little islands in the north of NZ) and got on a boat.  We were on a wildlife cruise and were looking for dolphins - annoyingly the trip wasn't a success since we didn't actually see any.  The cruise company thought it would be a great idea to give us free coupons to go for a free trip - little did they know that we actually used it the next day!

Anyway, we ended up at a beautiful island with little cabins to sleep in.  There was nothing there except beautiful scenery!  It was sooooo quiet there too.

The next day we went for a little sea kayak (this time no near death experiences!) and then got back on the boat.  We used our free ticket and actually saw some dolphins - yay!

We ended up having amazingly cheap pizza and playing wii in the bar.  Best evening ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment